Your Cart Details
By Mathew Fairfax | Oct 10, 2023
CBD Gummies for Inflammation and Pain that Prevents Quality Sleep.
CBD Gummies for Inflammation and Pain that Prevents Quality Sleep.
By Mathew Fairfax | Oct 10, 2023
Have you considered using CBD Gummies for inflammation and pain that keep you awake at night? Does chronic pain keep you up at night? Lower back pain, knee pain, restless legs, neuropathy, and/or arthritis pain are often culprits of poor sleep. How about stress? Chronic pain and discomfort put you in double jeopardy. You’re robbed of the quality sleep you desperately need, making you more fatigued and anxious daily and thus more sensitive to pain.
It’s a vicious cycle we call the pain-sleep cycle, and we want to help you get out of the cycle and back to a healthy, vibrant life using CBD products that work. In this article, we’ll discuss common culprits that affect sleep, how the lack of sleep affects your ability to function optimally the following day, and the CBD products that can help you get out of the cycle that is bringing you down. We hope for you to experience pain relief and days with more energy and clarity!
The Relationship between Sleep & Pain
The relationship between sleep and pain is complex and works in tandem to either help you feel good the next day or lack focus and energy. How are they connected? Sleep plays a vital role in regulating pain perception and management. Inadequate sleep can amplify pain perception, making it more intense and distressing. Conversely, chronic pain conditions often disrupt sleep patterns, leading to sleep disturbances such as insomnia or frequent awakenings. This creates a cycle where poor sleep exacerbates pain, and pain, in turn, disrupts sleep.
Unfortunately, one in five people report that pain impacts the quality of their sleep at least a few nights a week. Two out of three people with chronic pain report that it significantly impacts the quality of their sleep, and chronic pain makes it hard to fall asleep and disturbs their sleep multiple times each night.
These facts show us that sleep deprivation due to pain is a real issue in our society that inadvertently affects several other areas of our lives, like our ability to perform well at work, be present with our children, and enjoy recreational activities. Addressing both sleep and pain issues simultaneously is crucial for improving the overall well-being of individuals dealing with chronic pain, as better sleep quality can help reduce pain sensitivity and enhance pain coping mechanisms.
Serious Facts About Pain and a Lack of Sleep
Prescription Pain-Killers are Exasperating the Issue
The use of prescription painkillers, particularly opioids like codeine or hydrocodone, among individuals dealing with chronic pain adds another layer of complexity to the sleep disruption problem. While these medications are often prescribed to alleviate pain, they can inadvertently worsen insomnia and other sleep-related issues. Notably, opioids have the potential for addiction, which can compound the sleep problem.
Moreover, these medications can disrupt the respiratory system, leading to apnea—a condition characterized by brief pauses in breathing during sleep. Apnea can trigger awakenings throughout the night, preventing individuals from reaching restorative sleep stages. Thus, while these drugs may provide temporary pain relief, they can exacerbate the sleep disturbances many pain sufferers already endure, highlighting the need for a comprehensive and balanced approach to pain management that considers the potential impact on sleep quality and overall well-being.
Sleep Deprivation Increases Pain Sensitivity
Sleep deprivation has far-reaching consequences, one of which is its remarkable ability to heighten our pain sensitivity. A noteworthy study published in the Jan. 28, 2019, issue of The Journal of Neuroscience shed light on this phenomenon, revealing that sleep-deprived individuals can become significantly more responsive to pain, increasing up to 120% in pain sensitivity. This striking finding underscores the intricate connection between sleep and our perception of discomfort.
When deprived of adequate rest, our pain thresholds diminish, making painful stimuli feel more intense and overwhelming. This heightened pain sensitivity can contribute to a vicious cycle, as increased discomfort can further disrupt sleep, creating a self-perpetuating cycle of sleeplessness and exacerbated pain. Recognizing the relationship between sleep deprivation and pain sensitivity emphasizes the importance of prioritizing healthy sleep patterns to manage and alleviate pain, ultimately enhancing overall quality of life and well-being.
Pain Affects Sleep Position
Pain can profoundly influence your sleep position, especially in chronic conditions like arthritis, neuropathy, or muscle pain. The discomfort and achiness of these conditions can make finding a comfortable sleeping posture challenging. Arthritic joints may ache and resist movement, neuropathic pain can lead to tingling or burning sensations, and muscle pain can cause stiffness.
Consequently, individuals with such pain often toss and turn in search of a position that provides relief. This constant shifting and discomfort can lead to frequent awakenings throughout the night, disrupting the natural progression of sleep cycles and diminishing the overall quality of rest. Pain’s impact on sleep position highlights the interconnected nature of physical discomfort and sleep disturbances, underlining the importance of addressing pain management strategies for improving sleep quality and overall well-being.
Pain Disrupts Sleep Architecture
Sleep architecture refers to the organization and structure of a complete sleep cycle, which consists of several stages of sleep that repeat in a cyclical pattern throughout the night. Differences in brain activity, eye movements, muscle tone, and other physiological measures characterize these stages. Sleep architecture typically involves the following stages:
- Non-REM (NREM) Sleep transitions from wakefulness to sleep.
- Stage 1 is a light sleep stage characterized by theta waves in the brain. Muscle activity decreases, and eye movements are slow.
- Stage 2 is a deeper stage of NREM sleep, during which brainwave patterns become more regular with occasional bursts of rapid brain activity called sleep spindles. This stage is important for memory consolidation and is the most prominent stage in a healthy night’s sleep.
- Stages 3 and 4 are often collectively called slow-wave sleep (SWS) or deep sleep. These stages are characterized by delta waves in the brain, which are very slow and high amplitude. This is the most restorative stage of sleep, associated with physical recovery and growth hormone release.
2. Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep is a unique and important stage of sleep. It is characterized by rapid eye movements, high-frequency brainwave activity similar to wakefulness (beta and theta waves), and muscle paralysis (except for rapid eye movements and occasional twitches). REM sleep is when most vivid dreaming occurs, and it plays a crucial role in memory consolidation, emotional processing, and learning.
The sleep cycle typically sequentially progresses through these stages, with each cycle lasting approximately 90-110 minutes. Over the course of a night’s sleep, individuals go through multiple cycles, with the time spent in each stage varying. Deep sleep stages (stages 3 and 4) predominate early at night, while REM sleep becomes more prominent later.
CBD Gummies for Inflammation and Pain
At Redeem Therapeutics, we don’t advocate avoiding prescription medications altogether if they are medically necessary. However, we want to offer an alternative for those seeking to avoid unnecessary pain and sleep medications or lessen their usage. Regarding sleep support, which also decreases pain, our CBD Sleep Gummies are the perfect addition to your bedtime routine.
Voted one of the best CBD gummies for sleep by Forbes Health, Redeem Therapeutics CBD Sleep Gummies also contain CBN, melatonin, passionflower, lemon balm, chamomile, and Griffonia seed extract. These additions significantly set our products apart from the rest. Each one serves a major purpose in this sleep formulation; we unpack the benefits of each below.
- CBN, which stands for cannabinol, is another cannabinoid in the hemp plant. Early studies show it may promote sleep and relaxation and may also have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
- Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone typically called the sleep hormone. Our melatonin production is sometimes off, and supplementation helps regulate sleep patterns.
- Passionflower is an herb that appears to modulate GABA receptors in the brain, which can enhance the calming effects of GABA, potentially making it a natural option for individuals seeking anxiety relief. It is also known to have pain-inhibiting benefits.
- Lemon balm is often used with herbs like valerian or chamomile to create herbal sleep teas or supplements. These combinations can enhance its sleep-promoting effects.
- Chamomile contains compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, such as chamazulene and alpha-bisabol. Inflammation is often associated with pain, especially in conditions like arthritis. By reducing inflammation, chamomile may help alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Griffonia seed extract: 5-HTP from Griffonia seed extract can increase serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is involved in pain perception and mood regulation. Additionally, serotonin is a precursor to melatonin, a hormone that regulates the sleep-wake cycle.
As you can tell, our true passion is not only CBD products but formulating other botanicals along with cannabinoids to increase the effectiveness of all our CBD products. This is evident with our sleep gummies described above, our elderberry gummies, and our CBD pain cream, which we’ll describe in the next section as a continuation of our CBD products for pain and sleep.
CBD Cream for Pain Relief
Our CBD Pain Cream delivers CBD’s soothing and anti-inflammatory effects right to the source of your pain and allows your body to relax and get ready for a night’s sleep. It offers pain relief for achy muscles, stiff joints, and inflammation that may cause you to toss and turn.
Like Redeem Therapeutics CBD Sleep Gummies, our CBD pain cream is formulated with a powerful combination of CBD, botanicals, and essential oils to optimize potency and increase bioavailability. The following is an ingredient breakdown of our CBD pain cream:
- CBD, Menthol, Capsicum, and Arnica Extract provide fast-acting pain relief and improve circulation throughout the body.
- Vitamin C, Aloe vera, Jojoba, and Tea Tree oils to speed absorption while soothing and protecting your skin.
- Basil Leaf, Clary Sage, Ginger Root, and Rosemary Essential Oils to further relieve inflammation, stiffness, and pain.
Again, the effectiveness of our products is not only the high-quality CBD we use but also the expert formulation of each product.
CBD for Pain Relief and Sleep Routine
Together, our CBD Sleep Gummies and CBD Pain Cream work to lessen nighttime pain and inflammation and assist you with falling asleep and moving through all the stages of sleep that lead to waking up rested so you can tackle your day.
Here’s how we suggest you use these products:
- Thirty to Forty-Five (30-45) minutes before bed, take our CBD Sleep Gummies or CBD Sleep Tincture.
- Right before bed, apply our CBD Pain Cream to the area where you feel pain or discomfort.
- Enjoy a restful night’s sleep without any hungover feeling the next morning.
Following these steps, combined with healthy sleep hygiene, can help you get to sleep, avoid being waked by pain-related issues, and wake up refreshed.
Save 20% with Redeem Therapeutics Sleep- Pain Bundles
Affordability is one of our key pillars. What good is the power of CBD if the financial barrier is too high? We offer three ways to reduce the cost of your CBD products: our CBD assistance program, Subscribe & Save, and our CBD bundles, which reduce your cost by 20%.
We offer three bundles:
The latter two are for those experiencing pain that compromises sleep. We’ve discussed the Sleep Gummies in full detail, but we still need to touch on the benefits of our daily CBD spray and how making it part of your daily routine can impact your nightly rest.
CBD Spray for Pain Relief
You can use this CBD oil for lower back pain, joint and muscle pain and other chronic pain conditions. Used during the day, CBD has been shown to balance the endocannabinoid system lessening inflammation throughout the body.
Proper usage and consistency are the keys to success of CBD products. For maximum absorption our CBD oil sprays should be sprayed under the tongue and allowed to sit for a few seconds. While this may feel odd at first, our customers say it becomes more routine after time.
Redeem Therapeutic’s CBD Spray is combined with our CBD Sleep Gummies in our CBD Spray and Sleep Gummies Bundle. The difference between our pain and sleep bundles is that one includes our CBD pain cream with our CBD sleep gummies and the other includes our daily CBD spray with our CBD Sleep Gummies.